Monday 2 June 2008

Tunstall's birth mum not invited to wedding

KT Tunstall has revealed that she won't be inviting her birth mother to her wedding.
The Scottish star was adopted at 18 days old by Rosemarie and David Tunstall after being given up by Carol-Ann Orr.
She told the Daily Record that her parents and her birth mother have not met, saying: "My birth mum totally understands and she's great about it as are my parents."
She continued: "But I've spent 32 years with my family and I've spent seven years very, very slowly getting to know my biological mother so obviously my family is the priority. It's very difficult but my birth mother completely understands that."
Tunstall will marry Luke Bullen, her band's drummer, in a Highland wedding later this year, after he proposed on Christmas Day.
The couple have pencilled in September or early October but haven't set a date because they don't want to miss playing any festivals.
She said: "Obviously we are very, very excited about getting married. But we don't want to be standing saying 'I do' while we could have been somewhere playing on stage. All the festivals are starting to confirm, so we'll work it out soon."